Sunday, May 4, 2008

MARGARITA'S ANYONE ?


It's that time of year.. FIESTA TIME!! oh what fun.. gotta love the nice hot summer days and there's nothing like a Margarita on the rocks to go with it! I got this stamp at Cat's craft cupboard and I couldn't wait to use it.. of course the Latina in me was so excited to see this cute lil chihuahua with his sombrero.. and you gotta love his ears stick in right out!! too funny..
To create the card I used a piece of SEI paper called sea foam for the card base and used Creative Imaginations Fiesta and pepper paper for the layering. The red is a textured CS that I got at JoAnne's. The inks are CTMH cranberry and sunflower and for the image I used black stazon. I colored in all images with my watercolor pencils and used a blending pen . The stamps I used .. drink.. CTMH "do nothing" and the chihuahua and cactus are from Inkadinkado "muchos gracias" and the font is from technique tuesday..I inked all edges with either sunflower or cranberry and popped up the one circle with the drink and the message then finished off with a green twine for some texture.. I hope you like it .. FELIZ CINCO DE MAYO CHICA'S.. and SALUTE.. aaahhh the sound of Margarita's clingin.. ;) gotta love it.. hasta next time ..

2 comments:

Carrie said...

LOL!!!!! I love this little guy! The card is so cute. Great Stampin!

volker said...

hey Kat,love your blog!!But where is the Margarita recipe??Keep up the good work!!talk to you soon...vt